Protection against data loss due to power failures
Why do you need software for UPS monitoring?
You can protect your server against a crash in case of power failure by using a UPS (Battery). But the usage of an universal power supply is not enough. It's recommended to use management software tools (like APC Powerchute) and accessoires to automatically shutdown your systems and services in time (see powerchute network shutdown).
What's special about OPMONis?
OPMONis is a modular build system that uses standard protocols to access, view and refresh the UPS loading state, manage network servers (server room) and services. OPMONis only needs one central and agentless installation. The intuitive user interface allows an easy configuration and control of your batteries and systems. There is no longer a need for the creation of an insecure batch script that includes uncrypted admin passwords!
Unlike the powerchute network shutdown software (network shutdown v4), OPMONis works independently of the UPS producer. OPMONis should be one of the environmental accessories of your choice to manage almost every trade UPS!
- Bluewalker (Powerwalker)
- Power Star
- Riello UPS, CSS Central Supply Systems
Status of supported Protocols:
- vSphere API: VMware Web Services, which can monitor and control VMware ESX / VMware ESXi / vCenter Server
- XenServer Management API with .NET language binding
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), to be able to control Windows Systems and Hyper-V
- Secure Shell (SSH)
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP, PING)
- Wake on LAN (WOL)
By using the SSH protocol access to almost every product collections is possible:
- network switches
- kvm switches
- video stations
- data center
- switches rack
A large collection of products and virtual systems (virtual machine) are supported
- VMware vCenter Server / ESX / ESXi Host / free ESXi / EXSi (VMware VSphere)
- Citrix XenServer
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Windows Server
- MAC OS X
Does this also apply to the operation of a discrete and independent data center?
As an example the Schneider Electric's SmartShelter Datacenter covers the following topics:
- Power distribution units/Electrical distribution (PDU/rack PDU/rack power) and configurable power
- Air distribution by air conditioners and cooling accessoires
- IT infrastructure (racks, rack and row level power distribution)
- Fire suppression and detection
- Switches rack, automatic transfer switches, rack mount transfer switches
- Data center software and environmental monitoring tools refering to data center operations (workflow and process that are performed within a data center, monitoring battery health) are optional
But even such a system as the SmartShelter All In One Datacenter and prefabricated data center modules can be faced with serious problems and forced to shutdown completely. A necessary but also critical point that interrupts operation of this systems is the regular maintenance of hardware and software (e.g. power distribution systems and air conditioners for reliable inrow cooling, optimize data and software data security). You can find more information for this topic and modular power solutions at YouTube.
And what about home networks?
OPMONis also offers a perfect solution for securing a home network that uses VMware free ESXi. VMware vSphere Essentials Kit can be the perfect solution for small and home network scenarios to protect your data stored on virtual drives (audio, video, text document)
Where to find more information on OPMONis?
Check the OPMONis Forum to get in contact with our support community.
Contact us by email for questions on warranty services and on how to order your OPMONis license. A short response time has a high priority for us.
One should make no compromise on data security and should use a suitable software management module. OPMONis optimizes your environmental monitoring security and fits both, business and home requirements. And the installation of OPMONis is easy.
If you are a reseller, then please contact us directly for possible reseller conditions.
When the power is gone, OPMONis is there.
Download your OPMONis trial now
Get your full OPMONis 30 day trial from our Downloadpage! No registration needed!