Home Forums Bugs and Problems Shutting down UPS

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mitslo76
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I am sorry if this subject is already covered, I am new to the forum and to the product. I was wondering if it is possible to configure tool in a such way to switch off UPS after all PC are switched off? This is neccesary in order to once mains power is established again, equipment automatically switch ON.

mitslo76
    Participant

Also it is good to save battery power and minimize recharge time.

Bernd Holzer
    Keymaster

Hi,
    this depends on your UPS.
    If your UPS can be managed by SSH you can configure it as Linux system and use the SSH command to power off the UPS.
    For USB connected UPS we can not trigger any command on the UPS as the vendors do not provide a public programming interface.

Bernd

mitslo76
    Participant

Hi Bernd,

I understand. I think there is no SSH interface for the UPS (or most UPS that use USB), from the other side I know that at least for APC UPS there is comand that can be sent over USB (comm emulation) interface. I tested this with APCUPSD and it works fine. 

Since your tool is aiming to work with ESXI which is always at least semi-professional scenario I think that impossibility to switch on after power is restored is serious shortcoming of your solution. Dont you think?

Bernd Holzer
    Keymaster

Hi,

can you please share this command?

We will look into this and see if we can add a UPS “switch off” feature into our software.

Thanks for your help

Bernd

mitslo76
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your answer the APCUPSD Command is KILLDELAY which allow you to program when UPS will cut down power…

It is like a timer. I am not sure which seral command it is, but I am certain that I saw on some internet recourse full list of HyperTerminal commands for APC UPS control over RS232 (or emulation USB).

Will try to find document and send.

BR

Slobodan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.